Connecting to music devices
The Oticon Streamer works with a variety of hand-held music devices - both Bluetooth and non-Bluetooth enabled.
Only music players supporting the Bluetooth A2DP profile can be connected wirelessly to the Streamer
Non-Bluetooth-enabled music players can be connected to the Streamer either wired or wirelessly via a Bluetooth adapter (dongle).
How to make a wired connection between a music player (such as iPod) and Streamer
1. Turn on the music player
2. Connect the two devices via the connecting audio cable supplied with the Streamer.
Plug one end of the cable into the headphone jack (3 mm jack stick) of the music player, and the other end into the headphone jack of the Streamer.
3. Start music playback on the music player. [step 4 can come before step 3]
4. Press the audio button on the Streamer. The button will light up and your clients should now be
able to hear music from their hearing instruments.
5. The volume can be controlled via the music player volume settings and the Streamer’s volume button.
How to make a wireless connection between the music player and Streamer
You need a Bluetooth adapter with the A2DP profile for the music player to wirelessly connect the Streamer to music player.
Connection Guide: music player with Bluetooth adapter (may vary from adapter to adapter)
1. Attach the adapter to the music player
2. Set the adapter in pairing mode (follow the instructions of the adapter)
3. Set the Streamer in Pairing mode:
Press and hold the Bluetooth button until it flashes. This will take about 6-7 seconds. The Streamer will be in pairing mode for 2 minutes.
4. The adapter should connect automatically to the Streamer.
Click on the video below to see how to connect to a mp3 player.
|Connect Streamer to mp3 player|
Visit our Frequently Asked Questions for answers to the most common questions about the ConnectLine Solutions.